Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Topshop 'Fawn' lipstick review

   



   
                            Topshop 'Fawn' lipstick




A swatch of the lipstick

                                             

Hey guys,


What I have for you today is a quick little review of a topshop lipstick. 
When I was in topshop yesterday, having a look around, I finally gave in and purchased one of their lipsticks. I had never used anything from their make-up range before so I was excited to give it a try. I am a lover of nude lipsticks so when I saw 'Fawn' I was instantly excited. I did a little swatch test on the back of my hand and I was good to go. The texture and colour of the lipstick seemed perfect! So I handed over my €12 and I looked forward to wearing it when I went out that night.

Unfortunately this lipstick isn't all I thought it was. The colour itself is lovely, a warm dark nude, yet when you look really closely there are little shimmery specks, which put me off a bit. When applied, the lipstick seems nice and moisturising a huge plus for any lip product, yet for me, the bad outweighs the good. When I got home and used it on myself it was a bit too shimmery for my taste. I love a good matte nude lipstick and unfortunately this wasn't ideal for me. I felt that, once applied, the product highlighted any imperfections on my lips (with an exam coming up I haven't been taking care of my skin/face as much as I should be). I felt that it didn't give enough colour, it appeared to just give my lips a little sheen. Having said that, the packaging is quite chic, in my opinion, which is another plus, but it hasn't won me over. My favourite lipstick of all time has got to be a Rimmel X Kate Moss nude, which I can't remember the name of for the life of me. I lost it out of my bag about a month ago and can't find a replacement anywhere, devastating. If, unlike me, this is exactly your cup of tea, you can purchase it  in any Topshop store, unfortunately this shade is not stocked on the website at the moment but there are plenty of colours to choose from, I might even head into the store again to check out one or two of these, 'Hazard' anyone? 


What do you guys think of the make-up range from Topshop, is there any product that I should try?
If anyone knows of a competitively priced, moisturising, matte, nude lipstick, please let me know. I'm not sure if that kind of perfect even exists.






6 comments:

  1. Gosh have a really good nude lipstick it's called sweet darling or something darling! and Catrice do really good lipsticks and they're under a 5r can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never even thought of looking at the Catrice line for lipsticks, if their lipsticks are as good quality as their eyebrow pencil I'm sorted. I'll check out Gosh too, thank you!

      xo

      Delete
  2. This is a nice nude colour, a little too light for my skin tone though.

    Feyi
    uncovertheuntold.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit light all right, they have a lot of other nudes too, none were available when I went in though, unfortunately. It's worth a look!

      xo

      Delete
  3. Hello!
    I've nominated YOU for a Liebster Awards! All the details about your nomination and what to do next are on my blog. Congrats!!! More info here: http://sophistified.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! Seriously, that's so kind of you. I'll do the post as soon as my college exam is over with :)

      Thank you again!

      xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate it!
I always make sure to reply so check back if you wanted to know something :)